File consists of Grant Hazelwood's speeches. Includes:
- Grant Hazelwood, "Lands, Parks and Access Committee Report" to the BC Wildlife Federation 1987 Annual Convention
- Grant Hazelwood, "Land Use and Wildlife towards the Year 2000", B.C. Wildlife Federation, 1988
- Grant Hazelwood, "Nocturnal Piscatorial Predations", after 1987
- Grant Hazelwood, "Will There Ever Be Enough Park and Wild Lands in BC??", March 1990
File consists of records related to Grant Hazelwood's period of employment with Northwood Pulp & Timber Ltd. as a Resources Biologist. Includes:
- Don Morberg, "'More concern shown by private companies'" article clipped from the Prince George Citizen
- W.G. Hazelwood, "Underwater Survey of Northwood's Babine Lake Water Log Transport and Bubble System", 1980 - includes original photographic prints pasted into report
- "Changes in the air" article clipped from 7 June 1983 newspaper (likely the Prince George Citizen)
- "Submission to City Council on the Intercontinental Level 'B' Recovery Boiler Emission Application", 7 Feb. 1983
File consists of Grant Hazelwood's work plan and employment classification during the period he was employed with the Ministry of Environment as a Forest Ecosystem Specialist.
File consists of records and textual material regarding biogeoclimatic regions of British Columbia collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- V.J. Krajina, "Revision of Biogeoclimatic Regions and Zones in British Columbia", 1964
- BC Department of Agriculture, "Climate of British Columbia: Tables of Temperature, Precipitation, and Sunshine - Report for 1969"
- "Temperature Normals for British Columbia", 1965 (reproduction)
- "Precipitation Normals for British Columbia", 1965 (reproduction)
Item is a photocopied reproduction of "Abstracts from Reports on the Peace River and Cassiar Districts made by British Columbia Land Surveyors to the Department of Lands, 1891-1928".
Item is a draft of "B.C. Hydro Proposed 287 kV Transmission Line - Kitimat to Terrace - Preliminary Environmental Assessment of Fish and Wildlife Values" by Grant Hazelwood. Also includes accompanying print pages for a 2015 BC Hydro powerpoint slideshow regarding the Terrace to Kitimat Transmission Project (TKTP).
Item is a photocopied preliminary copy of "Effects of Forest Management Practices on Wildlife in the Forests of British Columbia".
Item is a photocopied preliminary copy of a report entitled "Applying Ecological Classification Systems to Wildlife Research and Management - E.P. 917: A problem analysis". Includes accompanying map.
Item is an original "Proposed Reorganization of the Fish and Wildlife Branch" report.
This manual contains a brief summary of the principles and practices of game management, as applied to the management of game in British Columbia. It has been designed to serve primarily as a reference and guide in dealing with game management problems, and aims to create a co-ordination of approach among those engaged in game management. Sections include the value of game as a natural resource, relationships between game and economic developments, livestock and game interactions, farming and game interactions, waterfowl and other land users, forestry and game, industry and game, access and game, game management principles and policies, fundamental population dynamics, population behaviour, principles of harvesting, habitat management, winter feeding, game propagation, experiment and research, game reserves and closed areas, public relations, predator control, game management techniques, sampling procedures, aging and sexing game animals and birds, effect of hunting on age classes, aging techniques, big game animals, game birds, waterfowl, upland birds, inventory of game populations (Census), direct methods of census, indirect methods of census, waterfowl, fur-bearers, measurements of browse and plant composition, range surveys, game checking stations, hunger sample or postal survey, predator control techniques, laboratory studies, biological aids to law enforcement, collecting and handling material for examination, game animals and birds of BC, breeding characteristics of the hoofed game, big game animals including moose, elk, mule deer, black-tailed deer, white-tailed deer, mountain caribou, Bighorn sheep, thinhorn sheep, mountain sheep, goat, grizzly bear, black bear, cougar, wolf, coyote, upland game birds, Ruffed grouse, Sharp-tailed grouse, Sooty blue grouse, dusky blue grouse, Franklin and spruce grouse, Ptarmigan, Ring-necked pheasant, Chukar partridge, California quail, band-tailed pigeon, waterfowl.
Item is an original copy of "In the Matter of an Examination into the Methods, Procedures and Practices provided by the Wildlife Act and Regulations for the Granting and Issuing of Guide Outfitter's Licences and Guide Outfitter's Certificates".
Item is an reproduction of the "Phase IV Preamble - July 6, 1994 - Serving to Introduce the B.C.W.F. Brief to B.C. Utilities Commission Technical Hearings on Kemano Completion - Phase III Fisheries Section" by W.G. Hazelwood, Alpenglow Resources, on behalf of Spruce City Wildlife Association, Omineca Region of B.C. Wildlife Federation.
Item is an original BC Fish and Wildlife report entitled "Submission on Grazing by the British Columbia Fish and Wildlife Branch to the Select Standing Committee on Forestry and Fisheries".
Item is a draft report entitled "Highway 37 Corridor Management Plan: Kalum North (from the Kalum Forest District Boundary North to Ningunsaw Pass)". Includes accompanying correspondence relating to the plan.
Item is an original report by Grant Hazelwood entitled "Winter Flight Report: Fiddler Creek, February 27 and March 3, 1997". Includes original photographic prints pasted into the report as well as an accompanying map.
Item is an original report by the Northwest Chapter of the Steelhead Society of British Columbia entitled "Copper (Zymoetz) River Steelhead Radio Telemetry, November 1988 to June 1989". Includes original photographic prints pasted into the report.
Item is a photocopy of a draft proposal document by Kitamaat Village Council and Conservation International Canada entitled "An Integrated Approach to the Co-management of Fisheries Resources: The ecology of oolichan in Haisla Territory".
Item is an original copy of "Kitamaat River 1995 Oolichan (Thaleicthys pacificus) Study: Draft Final Report" prepared for the BC Ministry of Forests by John Kelson of the Haisla Fisheries Commission.
Item is an original BC Parks report entitled "Preservation and Management of the Grizzly Bear in B.C. Provincial Parks: The Urgent Challenge".
Item is an original report by D.J. Robinson, Game Management Biologist, entitled "Interim Report re Status of Sayward Forest Deer Herds".
File consists of records and textual material related to wolf (predominantly in British Columbia) collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- L.N. Carbyn, "Preliminary Analysis of Wolf and Ungulate Interactions with Specific Reference to Moose in Riding Mountain National Park, Manitoba", 1977 (reproduction)
- Francis Singer, "Status and History of Timber Wolves in Glacier National Park, Montana", 1975 (reproduction)
- "Wolves and Trapping in British Columbia", 197-? (reproduction)
- Barbara Scott, "The Vancouver Island Wolf (Canus lupus crassodon), An Initial Study of Food Habits, Population Dynamics, and Social Organization", research proposal document and progress report document, 1978 and 1979 (reproductions)
- BC Fish and Wildlife Branch, "Wolf Predation", May 1969
- Canadian Nature Federation, "Perspective on Wolf Control in Quebec", Nov. 1972
- Warren Ballard et al. for Alaska Department of Fish and Game, "Susitna Hydroelectric Project 1982 Annual Report - Big Game Studies - Volume V - Wolf", Apr. 1983 (reproduction)
File consists of records and textual material related to cougar (predominantly in British Columbia) collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- D.W. Lay, "Report of Ralph River - Buttle Lake Campground", 1976
- P.E. and P.L. Dewar, "Proposed Research on Cougars in Strathcona Park", Nov. 1977 (reproduction)
- D.J. Spalding, "The Cougar in British Columbia", after 1970 (reproduction)
- Percy and Penny Dewar, "Summary of Cougar Study in the Northwest Bay Area (1972-1973), Sept. 1973 (reproduction)
File consists of records and textual material related to bear (predominantly in British Columbia) collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- A.N. Hamilton, "Kermode Bears in British Columbia" draft document, 1995 (reproduction)
- A. D. de Leeuw, "Conflicts and Interests in British Columbia Bear Management", Mar. 1997
- MacHutchon and Himmer, "Khutzeymateen Valley Grizzly Bear Study - Annual Progress Report - Year 2 (1990/91)", Mar. 1992
- Wayne McCrory and Stephen Herrero, "Preservation and Management of the Grizzly Bear in B.C. Provincial Parks: The Urgent Challenge", Mar. 1987 (reproduction)
File consists of records and textual material related to ungulates such as moose and mountain goat (predominantly in British Columbia) created or collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- Grant Hazelwood, "Early Winter Moose Survey - TFL 30 and McGregor River", Dec. 1979 (reproduction)
- Notes from "Moose - Wolf Surveys" in central and northern BC, Jan. 1979 (reproduction)
- "Preliminary Investigation of Goat Population in Management Unit 7-3", 1975 (reproduction)
- "Mountain Goat Surveys", [after 1980] (reproduction)
- BC Fish and Wildlife, "The Effect of Antlerless Seasons in British Columbia", 1969?
- Ian Smith, BC Fish and Wildlife, "Winter Feeding of Big Game Animals", 1969
- Ian Smith and Ray Demarchi, "The Ungulate Resources of the Libby Reservoir", Sept. 1969
- BC Fish and Wildlife Branch, "A Brief History of Game Administration in British Columbia", 1971 (reproduction)
- Jill Singleton, "Food Habits of Wild Ungulates in British Columbia", June 1976
- Dennis Demarchi and Bruce Pendergast, "Problem Analysis: Biotic Regions of British Columbia - An Ecological Land Classification for Fauna", Jan. 1983 (reproduction)
- G. Hazelwood, "A.R.D.A. Winter Flight Reports - January-February 1969"
- "Current Management of Ungulates and their Predators in the Yukon Territory", Mar. 1984
- Dennis Demarchi, "The Plant Communities of the Prophet River in the Rocky Mountain Foothills", Special Report for B.C. ARDA Ungulate Inventory, Aug. 1968 (reproduction)
- Val Geist, "Factors Influencing the Size of Ungulate Populations", student essay for Zoology 401, 1960
File consists of records and textual material related to caribou (predominantly in British Columbia) collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- BC Ministry of Environment, "Woodland Caribou in the Thompson-Nicola Resource Region", June 1981
- R.W. Ritcey, "Caribou and Forest Management in British Columbia", Jan. 1974
- W.G. Hazelwood, "Northern Tweedsmuir Park Flight - October 9, 1979"
- William Low, "A General Ecological Study of Mountain Caribou in Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, British Columbia", Mar. 1965 (reproduction)
- W.G. Hazelwood, Northwood Pulp and Timber, "Caribou Flight - March 19, 1980"
- Grant Hazelwood, manuscript notes for caribou flight over the Stikine, Mt. Edziza, Dease Lake areas, 9. Oct. 1979
- Report prepared for Dupont of Canada, "Caribou Studies in the Vicinity of Lawyers Pass, Northcentral B.C., Sept. 1980 to Aug. 1981", Mar. 1982 (reproduction)
- Spatsizi Association for Biological Research, "1980-81 Progress Report No. 8"
- Deborah Cichowski, "Habitat Use, Winter Feeding Ecology and Population Status of Woodland Caribou in West-Central British Columbia", 1990
- Dale R. Seip, "Ecology of Woodland Caribou in Wells Gray Provincial Park", Mar. 1990
File consists of records and textual material related to rare and endangered species (predominantly in British Columbia) collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- John Kelson for Kitamaat Village Council, "Investigation of Potential Marbled Murrelet Utilization of Lots 305 and 306", 1995
- Listings of rare and endangered species in British Columbia, various years
- Robert Jacobsen, "Legal Aspects of Critical Habitat Determinations", 1978? (reproduction)
- Grant Hazelwood and P.J. Bandy, "Wildlife Management Plan and Policy for Non-Game Species" (draft), 1973
- W. Grant Hazelwood, "Species of Management Concern on Kitsumkalum & Zymacord Drainages", Sept. 2001
File consists of records and textual material related to mammals (predominantly in British Columbia) collected by Grant Hazelwood. Highlights include:
- Robert E. LeResche, "Social and Ethical Considerations in Conservation" (reproduction)
- Grant Hazelwood, Resource Biologist, Northwood Pulp and Timber, "Fisheries Inventory - Driftwood River", 1981 (reproduction)
- Grant Hazelwood, Resource Biologist, Northwood Pulp and Timber, "Effect of Cut Block Size on Streams", 1981 (reproduction)
- David S. Shea, "A Wintertime Ecological Evaluation of the North Fork Flathead River Drainage, Glacier National Park", April 1976 (reproduction)
- A.L. "The Southern Half of the Alaska Highway and its Mammals", 1943 (reproduction)
- John P. Kelly, "Ecology of the Pine Marten (Martes americana) in North Central B.C.", 1977? (reproduction)
- V. Geist, "On the Management of Large Mammals in National Parks" in Park News, July 1972 (reproduction)
File consists of records and textual material related to Northern BC wildlife corridors collected by Grant Hazelwood. Includes manuscripts, notes, and summary documents. Discusses the following wildlife corridors:
- "Fort Nelson - 94 J (Alaska Highway)"
- "Charlie Lake - 94 A (Alaska Highway)"
- "Trutch - 94 G (Alaska Highway)"
- "Halfway River - 94 B (Alaska Highway)"
- "Alternate Corridor - Chetwind > Fort St. John by Dawson Creek"
- "Hart Highway Corridor 'A'"
- "Alaska Highway Corridor 'B'"
Also includes a 1972 photocopied document titled "Wildlife Oriented Sites within Corridor of Alaska Highway (Wildlife Sites Outside of H.S.S.A.'s).
File consists of records and textual material related to wildlife conservation and game management collected by Grant Hazelwood. Includes journal reprints, reports, and conference papers. Highlights include:
- James Hatter, "Fish and Wildlife in Natural Resources Development, 1966 (reproduction)
- "Pollution Control in British Columbia", [after 1967]
- Fish and Wildlife Branch, "Wildlife Resources in the Kootenay Region in British Columbia"
- J. Hatter, "The Function of the Provincial Wildlife Biologist", 1958 (reproduction)
- Jan Sawitski, "Plant Communities of the Nass - and Park Ranges of Central British Columbia", 1972 (reproduction)
- "Social and Ethical Considerations in Conservation" (reproduction)
File consists of records and textual material related to wildlife in conjunction with estuaries, grazing, and wetland habitat collected by Grant Hazelwood. Includes journal reprints, reports, and conference papers. Highlights include:
- "The National Wildlife Refuges of the Willamette Valley Oregon: An Example for the Lower Fraser Valley?", 1980
- "The Recommendations of the Fraser Valley Wetlands Habitat Committee", 1980
- "A Response to 'Sanctuary Needs of the Lower Fraser Estuary - A Discussion Paper", Dec. 1979
- Lower Mainland Regional Wildlife Association, "Log Boom Storage in Estuaries", 1973 (reproduction)
- R.Y. Edwards and P.W. Martin, "The Cariboo Method for Evaluating Browse Ranges", 1955
- Fish and Wildlife Branch, "Prevent Logging Damage to Streams" promotional leaflet, 1971
- Proceedings from Kamloops meeting re: interactions between cattle and wild ungulates in Southern B.C., 1972 (reproduction)
- "Brief: An Examination of B.C. Forest Service Guidelines for Streambank and Shoreline Protection" (reproduction)
- "Brief: Estuaries in British Columbia", 1973 (reproduction)
- Fish and Wildlife Branch, "Estuaries - The Case for Regulated Development", 1973 (reproduction)
- Fisheries and Environment Canada, "Planning Work Near the Water?" informational leaflet, 1978
File consists of records and textual material collected by Grant Hazelwood related to BC Provincial Museum wildlife reports. Includes correspondence, news releases, and reports. Highlights include:
- Ministry of Environment, "Wolf Research Released" news release, Jan. 1984
- Grant Hazelwood, Director of the B.C. Wildlife Federation, "Wilderness" paper and "Proposed Wilderness Policy" (reproduction)
- Grant Hazelwood, species sightings in British Columbia lists, 1980 (reproduction)
- British Columbia Provincial Museum, "Higher Vertebrates of British Columbia, 1986
- R. Wayne Campbell and Alton Harestad, BC Provincial Museum, "Proposal for an Atlas of British Columbia Vertebrates", May 1981 (reproduction)
File consists of records and textual material related to wildlife population collected by Grant Hazelwood. Includes journal reprints, reports, and leaflets. Highlights include:
- John G. Stockner, "Phytoplankton heterogeneity and paleolimnology of Babine Lake, British Columbia, Canada", Nov. 1975 (journal reprint)
- Western Guides and Outfitters Association, "Aims, Objectives and Policies", Oct. 1980 (reproduction)
- Information summary sheet leaflets for threatened and endangered Canadian wildlife including the white pelican, sea otter, Vancouver Island marmot, and wood bison, 1979
- D. Blower, "Population estimates for April 1977 caribou map", June 1977
Also includes a map:
- B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch, "Wildlife Distribution Mapping - Big Game Series: Black Bear", 1978
File consists of records and textual material related to wildlife collected by Grant Hazelwood. Includes journal reprints, reports, and conference papers. Highlights include:
- John Madson and Ed Kozicky, "The Principles of Game Management -- Stocking"
- Ian McTaggart-Cowan, "The Gamble of Game Management"
- R.Y. Edwards and C. David Fowie, "The Concept of Carrying Capacity"
- Maynard M. Nelson, "In Defense of the Sport Hunter" (reproduction)
- V. Geist, "On the Management of Large Mammals in National Parks" (reproduction)
- J. Hatter et al., "Inventory and Evaluation of Wildlife Resources of British Columbia", B.C. Natural Resource Conference Transactions, 1956
- Glen F. Cole, "Population Regulation in Relation to K", paper presented at the annual meeting of the Montana Chapter of the Wildlife Society, Bozeman, Montana, 22 Feb. 1974
- Patrick W. Martin, "Distribution and Abundance of Big Game Animals in B.C.", 1963
- D. Robinson, "Inventory and Evaluation of Wildlife Resource of British Columbia", B.C. Natural Resource Conference Transactions, [1962?]
- Donald A. Spencer, "Vertebrates: A Resource Needing Management", 1972 (reproduction)
- BC Fish and Wildlife Branch - Department of Recreation and Conservation, "Migration of British Columbia Birds and Mammals" (reproduction)
- BC Fish and Wildlife Branch - Department of Recreation and Conservation, "A Brief History of Game Administration in British Columbia", [1971 or 1972] (reproduction)
- BC Game Department, "Report Re: General game conditions in the Penticton Detachment", 1961 (reproduction)
- R.Y. Edwards, "Wildlife and People in Northern British Columbia", a paper for the 13th BC Resources Conference, 1961
- R.Y Edwards and R.W. Ritcey, "Importance of Environment in Big Game Studies", a paper presented at Ottawa to a technical meeting of Canadian wildlife biologists, 1958
- Richard DeGraaf and Jack Ward Thomas, "Wildlife Habitat in or near Human Settlements", 1976 (reproduction)
- Paul Edgerton and Jack Thomas, "Impacts of Silviculture on Wildlife Habitats in the Blue Mountains", 1977
- P.T. Gregory, "Report on Research on Ecology of Snakes and Frogs in Provincial Parks", [1978 or 1979] (reproduction)
- I.D. Smith, "Alternatives for Wildlife Inventory", 1974 (reproduction)
- Ian Cowan, "Preliminary Study of the Ashnola Herd of California Bighorn Sheep", 1950 (reproduction)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada, "StreamTalk: The Newsletter for Salmonid Enhancement", Vol. 10 No. 3, Spring 2003
- Correspondence between Grant Hazelwood, Parks Biologist, and G.F. Buydens of the Parks Branch "Re: Woodpecker damage to water tank at Sproat Lake Park", 1978
Series consists of textual material regarding wildlife and habitat in British Columbia created or collected by Grant Hazelwood. Predominantly includes reports (published and draft), discussion papers, article reprints, memoranda, and booklets.
Item is an original report entitled "Highway 16: Exchamsiks River to Andesite Creek - Environmental Impact Assessment and Mitigation Recommendations". Includes 3D glasses for viewing 3D printed images inside the report. Also includes an accompanying memorandum from the Ministry of Transportation and Highways regarding meeting notes from an environmental impact meeting in relation to the report.
Item is a photocopied report by T.C. Reid entitled "Liard River Hotsprings Park Natural History Observations". The report compiles natural history observations of Liard River Hotsprings, including a water chemistry report, weather observations, botanical report, ostrich fern growth, amphibian report, mammal report, bird report, and map and photograph orientation.
File consists of correspondence and reports relating to Tweedsmuir Provincial Park. Includes:
- Correspondence from the Steelhead Society of British Columbia to the Ministry of Environment and Parks "Re: Tweedsmuir Park boundaries" (Apr. 1987)
- Ministry of Environment and Parks documents regarding a Tweedsmuir Park Master Plan open house event
- Letter from Grant Hazelwood of the B.C. Wildlife Federation to the Ministry of Environment and Parks "Re: Tweedsmuir Master Plan" (Apr. 1987)
- "Tweedsmuir Park Planning Issues" document (ca. 1987)
- "Tweedsmuir Flight Report October 26, 1978" original report by Grant Hazelwood
Item is an original report by David Hatler entitled "Studies of Radio-collared Caribou in the Spatsizi Wilderness Park Area, British Columbia".
Item is an original report by Ian Hatter entitled "The Woodland Caribou of Northern Tweedsmuir Park". The report is self described as: "a collation of material presently available on the subject of woodland caribou in northern Tweedsmuir Park. It is based upon file information of Parks and Fish & Wildlife Branches, interviews of local residents and discussions with historic users of the Park such as guides, trappers, airplane pilots, Park staff, etc."