Title and statement of responsibility area
Published and Unpublished Materials
General material designation
- Textual record
- Graphic material
- Sound recording
- Moving images
- Electronic record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
3.35 m of textual records and other material :
- 2 optical disks (1 CD-R and 1 DVD)
- 47 computer disks : 9 x 9 cm and 13 x 13 cm
- 51 audio recordings (49 audiocassettes and 2 audio reels)
- 12 videocassettes
- 247 photographs (193 prints : b&w and col. - 54 negatives)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Series consists of newspaper clippings, correspondence, photographs, pamphlets, newsletters, advertisements, contracts, notebooks, audiocassettes of oral interviews and readings, transcripts, book launch announcements, front cover mock-ups, edited drafts, manuscripts, fact sheets, poems, catalogues, bookmarks, skits, conference events programme, poster, grant applications and related correspondence, a wooden placard, handwritten notes, book reviews, inquest reports, background material, VHS recordings of classroom talks given by Bridget Moran, Mary John and Justa Monk re: her publications, and ephemera. This series contains material from all five of her publications:
- (1988) Stoney Creek Woman: The Story of Mary John. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press.
- (1990) Judgment at Stoney Creek. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press
- (1992) A Little Rebellion. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press.
- (1994) Justa: A First Nations Leader. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press.
- (1996) Prince George Remembered. Prince George, British Columbia: Moran Publishing.
This series also consists of, but is not limited to, a number of unpublished manuscripts and drafts and/or writing contest submissions also written by Bridget Moran, such as:
- "Mary and Me" (ca. 1998)
- "Where Winds Come Sweet" (ca. 1981)
- "The Horizontal Land" (ca. 1992)
- "The Summer of '81"
- "The Relief Cheque" (ca. 1998)
- "The Case of the Box of Matches" (ca. 1987)
- "Unholy Deadlock" (ca. 1990)
- "The Numbers Game"
- "Reflections on Theme" (ca. 1967)
- "Come Hell or High Water" (ca. 1976)
- "Man Alive"
- "The Deadbeat Mystique"
- "Hell on Wheels"
- "Backstairs at the Palace"
- "James MacCallum" (ca. 1984)
- "Hushaby, Baby" (ca. 1981)
- "The Decline and Fall of Mr. Sullivan"
- "Case History of a Gadfly"
- "Welfare and the Good Life"
- "Childhood Memories" (ca. 1976)
- "The Three Musketeers" (ca. 1974-75)
- "A Child's Christmas in Saskatchewan" (ca. 1979)
- "Diary of Success Homecoming"
- "My Old Flame" (ca. 1992)
- "O Ye Dry Bones" (ca. 1996)
- "Supper, Little Children" (ca. 1983).
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions apply
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Personal or academic use of materials is welcomed under the standard fair use and educational use clauses of Canadian Copyright Law. Commercial use is, however, forbidden without the express permission of the copyright holder. For information on obtaining written permission from the copyright holder, please contact the Northern B.C. Archives and Special Collections.
Uploaded finding aid
Part of the Bridget Moran fonds
Includes: 5 CD-Rs, 1 - 3.25" computer disk formatted for a PC; 46 - 5.25" computer disks formatted for a Mac; 80 audiocassettes; 2 audio reels; 2 DVDs; 23 videocassettes; 133 photographic prints; 54 photographic negatives; and 60 contact prints.