This fonds consists of material created and collected by Kent Sedgwick, author, professor, Prince George urban planner, and prominent local historian. This body of records documents Sedgwick’s research interests in the history and geography of the Central Interior of British Columbia. The fonds also reflects his work as a Prince George Senior City Planner, his involvement in local community organizations, and his teaching at the College of New Caledonia and the University of Northern British Columbia.
The fonds includes:
1) Photographs taken by Kent Sedgwick across British Columbia, predominantly in the Central Interior region;
2) Research subject files consisting of original research documentation and collected reference material, predominantly focusing on topics relating to local history, city planning, and geography in the Prince George area and the British Columbia Central Interior;
3) Documentation of Kent Sedgwick’s community involvement, including records created over the course of his work with the Prince George Heritage Commission, , the Alexander Mackenzie Heritage Trail Association, and other local organizations;
4) Writings, publications, and lectures written, edited, or conducted by Kent Sedgwick;
5) Professorial records consisting of lectures and material relating to Sedgwick’s teaching appointments at the College of New Caledonia and the University of Northern British Columbia;
6) Maps collected by Kent Sedgwick covering historical and contemporary British Columbia.
Sedgwick, J. Kent