Title and statement of responsibility area
Children gathered at Metlakatla Church
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on provided annotation.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[between 1874 and 1901] (Creation)
Physical description area
1 photograph : b&w ; 12.1 x 16.3 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Several unidentified individuals can be seen on front steps of church and a group of small children in white stand in line below steps. Other community buildings are visible in background, white fence crosses foreground. Photograph depicts the first church built in Metlakatla, which was burned in a fire in 1901, and replaced in 1903.
Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Old church at Metlakatla Before fire. Built by Fr. Duncan & the village people".
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Northern BC Archives & Special Collections
Availability of other formats
.tiff & .jpeg
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Personal or academic use of photographic materials is welcomed under the standard fair use and educational use clauses of Canadian Copyright Law. Commercial use is, however, forbidden without the express permission of the copyright holder. For information on obtaining written permission from the copyright holder, please contact the Northern B.C. Archives and Special Collections.
Item is part of The Archdeacon W. H. Collison fonds. See also items 2009.7.1.36, 2009.7.1.37, and 2009.7.1.56 for images featuring similar content.