Title and statement of responsibility area
Grande Prairie Tower & Admin Building
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Parallel titles and other title information: Title based on provided annotation.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[ca. 1940] (Creation)
- Royal Canadian Air Force
Physical description area
1 photograph : b&w ; 7.6 x 12.2 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
(1 April 1924 - 1 February 1968)
The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) was the air force of Canada from 1924 until 1968 when the three branches of the Canadian military were merged into the Canadian Forces. The modern Canadian air force has been known as Canadian Forces Air Command (AIRCOM) since 1975, but still refers to itself as the "Air Force" and maintains many of the traditions of the RCAF.
Scope and content
Photograph depicts building with small second story attached, and a tall red and white pole in front. Signal tower and power poles in background on right, semi-trailer in background on left. A man in uniform can be seen in the far right sitting on a small staircase on wheels. Small unidentified buildings and miscellaneous shop supplies in background. Handwritten photo album caption beside this photo reads: "Grand Prairie Tower and Adm. Bldg."
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Northern BC Archives & Special Collections
Availability of other formats
Tiff and Jpeg
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
2006.20.12.1 to 2006.20.12.47.
Stamped annotation in blue ink on recto of photograph: "131".
Item originally located within a makeshift photo album with no front or back cover, measuring 25.5 x 33.3 cm and bound by a brown shoe lace strung through two holes punched along the left side of the album and tied in a bow. A straight bend extending the width of each of the 12 pages next to their holes suggests that at one time these pages were housed within an album cover. Photograph is attached to its page by insertion into four photo corners; photo corners are glued to the page, however the photograph is not.
Standard number area