White spotted dog stands on what appears to be a wood bridge, shed and greenery in background. Photograph sent from Violet (nee Taylor) Baxter to her aunt, Sarah Glassey. Handwritten annotation on recto of photograph: "To Auntie With love From Violet 4/4/26".
Photograph depicts log buildings and tents on left shore. Fraser river in foreground, forest and hillside in background.
Photograph depicts a 0-4-0 porter saddle tank located in a public park in Fernie. It has a 4' 8 1/2" gauge and 170lbs of pressure. It was probably used with the car behind it to feed the 70 coke ovens situated just above Fernie, on the south side of the C.P.R. tracks. The three trams to the rear are 3' gauge.
Photograph depicts the 0-4-4 "Dunrobin" locomotive in the B.C. Electric Railway locomotive shed in New Westminster. The front buffer beam has been removed, exposing 2 inside cylinders 13x18". Total weight = 25 1/4 tons. Working pressure = 150 lb./sq. inch. Coupled wheels= 4'6" diameter, bogie wheels = 2'6". It was built by Sharp, Stewart, & Co. Ltd. in 1895 at Atlas Works, Glasgow and formerly owned by the Duke of Sutherland. It was steamed for the first time in B.C. on Tuesday, 19th April 1966, and probably for the first time in 2 years.
Photograph depicts a 0-4-4 "Dunrobin" locomotive built by Sharp, Stewart, & Co. Ltd. in 1895 at Atlas Works, Glasgow and formerly owned by the Duke of Sutherland. It was taken inside the B.C. Electric Railway locomotive shed at New Westminster where it was receiving a check-over for steam running and a paint job. The cover to steam dome has been removed.
Photograph depicts a 0-6-0 diesel switcher locomotive, built by Hudswell Clarke & Co. in Leeds in 1949. It still bears the number when owned by Samuel Williams of Dagenham, Essex, U.K. It is located at the Pacific Coast Bulk Terminals on the North Shore, and 1 mile east of Lions Gate Bridge.
Photograph depicts a 10 ton Wallis & Stevens Ltd. #7985 steam roller. It was built at Basingstoke, England from about 1925 to 1927. It is located at 6110 Curtis St. in Burnaby, BC
Image depicts 1465 Elm Street, 1445 Elm Street, and 1425 Elm Street in the Millar Addition neighbourhood of Prince George, B.C.