Showing 259 resultsArchival description
159 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- 29 Sept. 2004
File consists of a booklet prepared for the September 29, 2004 20th Annual Symposium on Research Forest Management Aleza Lake Research Forest Field Tour.
File contains a possible photocopied excerpt (pages 14-47) from "A Field Guide for the Identification and Interpretation of Ecosystems of the SBSj1 in the Prince George Forest Region", which was a 1987 unpublished BC Ministry of Forests report by C. DeLong, S. Jenvey and A. McLeod.
File contains an original EP 433 report entitled "A Preliminary Working Plan for the Aleza Lake Experimental Forest" by L. DeGrace of the BC Forest Service.
- [before Jan. 1995]
Annotation on slide: "BC[?] advance regen. releasing in logged cedar block, ICHwk3"
Map is an original linen Aleza Lake Experiment Forest map that reflects the reserve boundary, roads, trails, 20 feet contour intervals, air photo centre, declination, swamps, and mile posts.
Map is a photocopy reproduction of the Aleza Lake Experiment Forest working circle timber sale map that was included in the appendix to the 1957 Aleza working plan.
File consists of:
- "A Summary of Historical Orders-in-Council affecting the Aleza Lake Forest Reserve", Mike Jull, 18 Dec. 1996
- Photocopied memorandum from F.S. McKinnon regarding "Transfer of Aleza Lake to D.F. Prince George", 9 Sept. 1963
- Photocopied 1928 article by P.M. Barr from Forestry Chronicle 4(3) entitled "The Aleza Lake Experiment Station: Its Development and Purpose"
- "A Brief History of the Aleza Lake Experiment Station", [Tim Decie, 1981?]
- Contact information for living relatives of Percy Barr, as of 1990
- Photocopy of 1930 article by Percy Barr entitled "Spruce Reproduction in British Columbia"
- Photocopy of records from BC Archives from a visit by Harry Coates from the file GR 1348 "The Young Mens Forestry Training Program"
- Photocopy of excerpt regarding "Amanita Lake/Diameter Limit Logging"
- Various small-scale maps and charts regarding Aleza Lake
- "Aleza Lake Research Forest Information Session Notes with Mike Jull, Manager of ALRF"
- Feb. 1996
Map depicts ecosystems in the Aleza Lake Research Forest. Shows areas of: upland sites without wetland components, upland sites with wetland components, lowland wet forest sites, wetlands, and Bowron floodplain benches. Ecosystem classification and mapping by Oikos Ecological Services Ltd.
- Mar. 1996
Map depicts structural stages in the Aleza Lake Research Forest. Shows areas of: pioneer growth, shrub/herb, pole saplings, young forests, mature forests, and old forests. Ecosystem classification and mapping by Oikos Ecological Services Ltd.
- July 1955
Map is an uncontrolled mosaic of aerial photography of the Aleza Lake Research Forest, with a July 1955 date of the air photography. Duplicate exists.
- July 1990
Map is an uncontrolled mosaic of aerial photography of the Aleza Lake Research Forest, with a July 1990 date of the air photography.
Map depicts historical timber sales areas and permanent sample plots (PSPs) at the Aleza Lake Research Forest. This map may be a guide (or otherwise related) to maps 2006.18.5.43-59.
File consists of a three different lists of articles and reports that compile works regarding the Aleza Lake Research Forest.