Title and statement of responsibility area
Superintendent’s Office 1988
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Parallel titles and other title information: Title based on subject of file and provided annotations.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
July 1987 - Apr.1989 (Creation)
Physical description area
558 photographs (239 prints : col. - 19 slides : col. ; 5 x 5 cm - 200 negative : col. )
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
File contains images of mine operations and construction, as well as a variety of other subjects.
- Elements of the underground mine are depicted, including miners working, the marked rock face, yellow ducting and ventilation fan, the portal, mesh rockbolted onto adit walls, shotcrete being applied, and stacked mining construction materials.
- Mining equipment depicted in this file includes underground ore haulage truck, Wabco ore haulage truck, jackleg drill, stoper drill, scoop tram, jumbo drill, conveyor, pickup trucks, unidentified mixing or grinding machine, a cable wagon and half constructed ore haulage truck in the shop, and a continuous miner (also known as alpine miner or roadheader).
- A set of images show a dozer and a lowbed truck transporting a temporary building down the pit mine access road.
- Several images depict drill core fragments, asbestos ore, and geological features of the mine.
- Mining related process are depicted, including a young man sluicing and panning, a mine building under construction, and an unidentified steel frame structure with a hydraulic device suspended on a rail.
- A set of images shows a railway or highway construction project, including stockpile of construction materials, rail cars, caboose, locomotive, front end loader, dump truck, concrete mixing trucks, semi-trucks, and a rail car with large steel drums which are speculated to be specialized for tunnel construction.
- Further images show what is speculated to be tunnel construction.
- A set of images at a high ceiling underground mine which is not Cassiar depicts a man in a suite by a underground ore haulage truck, and other mining vehicles including a crane.
- A set of images depict an ungulate herd, possibly bighorn sheep, on a mountain side.
- The file includes several images which depict personal life, presumably from a family vacation, and access to these images may be restricted. These images depict man with children on a fishing trip, adults and children around a pool, a woman on a motorcycle, and a house and kitchen. Several groups of images are contained in envelopes annotated with dates and “K. Minty”.
Arrangement imposed by archivist, original groupings maintained.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Northern BC Archives & Special Collections
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Several negative strips and one photograph likely depict somebodies personal life. Access may be granted by archivist upon request.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Personal or academic use of photographic materials is welcomed under the standard fair use and educational use clauses of Canadian Copyright Law. Commercial use is, however, forbidden without the express permission of the copyright holder. For information on obtaining written permission from the copyright holder, please contact the Northern B.C. Archives and Special Collections.
Contact archivist for complete file inventory.
Generated finding aid
Item is part of the Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. fonds. Consult archivist to obtain interview notes from interviews conducted with mining experts on the subject contained in this file.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. (Subject)