Title and statement of responsibility area
Promotion & Outreach
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Parallel titles and other title information: Title based on subject of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1963 - 1978 (Creation)
Physical description area
21 photographs : b&w & col. ; 20 x 25.5 cm - 4 slides : col. - 2 photographs : col, hand col.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
(3 April 1952 - 15 March 1993)
Scope and content
File contains photographs taken for promotional purposes.
- Two photos depict a Cassiar display at an unknown event in 1963.
- Eight photos were professionally taken for use in the 1978 Cassiar Asbestos Corportaion Ltd. Annual Report, and possibly other publications. These photos depict a skyscraper and products made with asbestos.
- Additionally, two hand painted postcards of McDame Mountain and Christmas Tree House are included that may have been used for promotional reasons. Also, four slides of a display, "Story of Asbestos."
- five photographs of unofficial tour of Cassiar via airplane in the 1970s.
Arrangement imposed by archivist.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Northern BC Archives & Special Collections
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Personal or academic use of photographic materials is welcomed under the standard fair use and educational use clauses of Canadian Copyright Law. Commercial use is, however, forbidden without the express permission of the copyright holder. For information on obtaining written permission from the copyright holder, please contact the Northern B.C. Archives and Special Collections.
Generated finding aid
File is part of the Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. fonds.
Original accession no.: 2000.1.254.015 [two 1963 photos came from box 254], 2000.1.1464.010 [ eight promo photos came from box 1464].
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. (Subject)