Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Parallel titles and other title information: Title based on subject of file.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1953 - 1989 (Creation)
Physical description area
486 photographs : b&w and col. - 16 negatives : b&w - 136 slides : col.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
This file contains operations at the plantsite:
Below is synopsis of the item level descriptions (see each item for further description)
- locations depicted at Plantsite: mill building, dry rock storage building, tailings pile, gravel pit, power house, and office.
- delivery and installation of a Caterpillar engine, welding repairs underway on a Rustin Diesel Engine in the power house, staff portrait taken by the main office building, and fibre testing
Not done to item level but integrated into subseries file:
- Photographic negatives included depict milling and packaging machinery in the mill building.
- 93 slides depicting various activities and equipment at the plantsite including: dry rock storage, screens, collectors, loading trucks, bagging, pallets, tailing pile, lab work by engineers, lab equipment, fibre testing, and fibre samples.
- photographs of conveyor foundations, tailings equipment, Grizzly truck, containers from site mechanical inspection, and portable crushing plant in June 1991.
- photos of fibre samples from lab - on display
- collection of photos of 1970 Mill modification Program of April 1978
- collection of photos from 1961 and 1962 of plantsite lab and asbestos samples. file labeled "Suter - Webb VU Graph Analysis" and "Suter - Webb and Turner Comb Analysis"
- Pressure Packer modification photos done by Chapman Industries in 1986
- Powerhouse equipment from 1979
- additional 43 slides of inside the mill in June 1978. Slides were used at a board meeting.
- negatives of inside of mill
- A photo album of 162 photographs depicting various operations at the plantsite including: drill dust collector, outdoor surroundings, conveyors, and the mine site. (album was originally labelled "Cassiar Plantsite).
Arrangement imposed by archivist, individual groupings maintained.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Northern BC Archives & Special Collections
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Personal or academic use of photographic materials is welcomed under the standard fair use and educational use clauses of Canadian Copyright Law. Commercial use is, however, forbidden without the express permission of the copyright holder. For information on obtaining written permission from the copyright holder, please contact the Northern B.C. Archives and Special Collections.
Generated finding aid
File is part of the Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. fonds.
See Construction Subseries 2000.1.1.2.394 & 395 for photos of 1970 Mill construction.
General Operations File 2000.1.1.3.19 for more images featuring plantsite buildings.
Slides of mill building can be found in 2000.1.1.3.2.
Negatives of inside mill were separated from a group of negatives of community events, see 2000.1.1.3.24
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. (Subject)