Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Parallel titles and other title information: Title based on subject of file and provided annotations.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
- the pit mine: fault line, geology, snowdrifts, plowed snow, blast patterns marked by orange cones, mist, and surrounding mountains.
- Pit mine is depicted by aerial photographs and a profile diagram.
- Several photographs also depict what is speculated to be the portal to the underground mine adit in the early phases of development.
- One photograph depicts the shop building in the pit mine, used for maintenance of mining equipment and to house the primary crusher.
- Several photographs show office interiors and personnel and it is speculated that these photographs were taken in the upper floor of the shop building.
- Several photographs depict small sinkholes in the pit mine.
- Mining equipment depicted includes pickup trucks, front end loaders (including a Cat 988), ore haulage trucks, scoop trams, D8 Caterpillar dozer, grader, mining drill rig, jumbo drill, rock hammer, P&H excavator, and wireline extensometer. Photolab envelopes accompanying these materials were annotated “R. Tyne” and “falling ground”. Slide sleeves were annotated “Mine Nov-Dec 1975”, “AERIAL SHOTS OF MINE 1976” and “Phase 8 Dec 1975”.
- Photographs of a Gardner Denver blasting drill at the mine and other ground drills working
- Photograph of proposed power line to #1 switchback in 1975,
- Collection of photographs of a Wsbco truck with corresponding mechanical transfers of those photographs.
- Also photographs a Gardner Denver drill and a Bucyrus Erie drill that was rented to Cassiar Mine in 1974. This collection includes a depiction of an accident with these drills.
- An additional collection of photographs of #709 Drill that was involved in minor accident. A pipe was either damaged or was the cause of the accident.
- Negative collection of photographs with corresponding notes of descriptions.
- Photographs of G.D. 80 Drill - Blasthole drill at work in the open pit.
- Photographs part of Month End Reports from January - June 1980
- Photographs of portable toilets used on Mine site.
- Photograph collection of mine garage January 21, 1988
- Photograph collection of what is believed to be the inside of the mine garage and various storage units and equipment. Marked "Receiver File" in original enclosure.
- Photos of Crane in 1984.
- An Album of 192 photographs of machinery in March of 1976 working at the mine site. Some of the equipment from either the plantsite or the mill is also depicted.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Generated finding aid
Item is part of the Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. fonds. Several photographs found in this file as negative strips can be found as photographic prints in file 2000.1.1.2.400.
The photographs of the drill accident are related to file 2000.1.1.3.1 "Accidents and Incidents."
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd. (Subject)