Photograph depicts the Seton Lake hatchery building constructed by the British Columbia provincial government in 1903.
Additional photographs and information about this construction is provided in the Fisheries Commissioner's Report for that year:
"In October, 1902, bids were invited for the construction of a hatchery building and Superintendent's cottage on Lake Creek, the outlet of Seton Lake, near the village of Lillooet. There were six bidders. A contract was let to W. Duguid, of Lillooet, the lowest bidder, in November. The buildings were completed and accepted in March, 1903. The hatchery building is a substantial wooden structure 210 feet long by 40 feet wide. The roof is supported by the walls, thus giving a clear floor space for the 160 hatching troughs, which are each 16 feet long, 16 inches wide and 7 inches deep. Two troughs are placed end to end and extend the width of the building, and receive the water from the head flumes which run lengthwise of the building. The equipment permits of the handling of forty million eggs. The water supply is taken from Lake Creek at a point some 1,400 feet from the hatchery, and about the same distance from Seton Lake, by means of a wooden flume three feet wide and two feet deep. A comfortable cottage for the Superintendent and a boarding-house for the other employees were constructed and furnished. The station in all its equipment is modern, and is not excelled by any other on the coast..."
Hatchery operations were terminated in Seton Creek in 1915 because the salmon runs had been almost destroyed.