Mostrar 20823 resultados

Archival description
Com objeto digital
Previsualizar a impressão Hierarchy Ver:

PGE Railway tunnel along Anderson Lake

Photograph depicts a Pacific Great Eastern Railway tunnel along Anderson Lake. The current railway mileage for the location is 125.6 (historical mileage point would have differed). The location is 3.7 miles north of D'Arcy, near the southern end of Anderson Lake. This photograph was likely taken from vantage point of the summer-only Highline Road.

Passenger ferry "Ballena"

Photograph depicts the "Ballena" docked at a wharf. The Ballena was a passenger ferry built in 1892 by the Albion Iron Works Company of Victoria and originally named the Joan. This ship was sold to the Terminal Steam Navigation Company in 1914 and renamed the Ballena. It was later acquired by the Union Steamship Company in 1920 but burned at the Union dock in November of that year.

Dr. Robin Fisher fonds

  • 2019.9
  • Fundo
  • 1992-2002

This fonds encompasses the academic and administrative career of esteemed Canadian historian Dr. Robin Fisher during his tenure at the University of Northern British Columbia. The records span Dr. Fisher's appointments at UNBC as professor, founding chair of the Department of History, Dean of Arts and Science, and Dean of the College of Arts, Social and Health Sciences.

Series include:

  1. Personal Records relating to Dr. Fisher's various appointments at UNBC
  2. Treaty Advisory records originating from Dr. Fisher's involvement in the Northern Interior Regional Advisory Committee and other treaty process advisory activities
  3. Teaching records relating to the development of Dr. Fisher's undergraduate and graduate courses, primarily in the Department of History
  4. Conferences & Service records relating to conferences attended or organized by Dr. Fisher, as well as activities given in service to the University or the community

Dr. Robin Fisher

Marion Christina Schenk portrait

File consists of a portrait photograph of a personnel member of the Canadian Women's Army Corps. The woman depicted is believed to be Marion Christina Schenk, the elder sister of Bertha Schenk [Wood].

Genealogy

File consists of Bertha Schenk and James Wood's genealogy records, which contains birthdates, relationships, and family trees.

Wedding portrait

This wedding portrait photograph is believed to depict Marion Christina Schenk and Frank George Van Wyck, whose marriage took place on 18 September 1943. Marion Schenk was Bertha Schenk's older sister. Both men in the portrait are wearing Canadian army dress uniform.

Dr. D. B. Lazier Record of Confinements

  • 2018.05
  • Coleção
  • Sept. 1901 - Jan. 1930

This journal by Dr. Lazier consists of his obstetric notes on pregnancies, childbirths, infant deaths, and maternal deaths during his practice from 1901 through 1918 and 1922 through 1930. Some of the locations and regions covered in the journal include: Prince George/Fort George and the surrounding area, Nakusp, Arrowhead, Beaton, Camborne, Princeton, Fraser Lake, Burns Lake, Grayson (Saskatchewan), Neville (Saskatchewan), Ranfurly (Alberta), Minburn (Alberta), etc. A few pages at the back of the journal consists of a child’s writing in pencil of a “list of made up words” and a list of “German words.”

Dr. David Brownlee Lazier

Ann Walsh fonds

  • 2019.12
  • Fundo
  • 1959-2018

This fonds illustrates the writing career of Canadian author Ann Walsh. Types of records included in this fonds include: published and unpublished short stories, manuscripts, correspondence, grant applications, photographs, audio and video recordings, contracts, book reviews, plotting notes, speaking notes, promotional materials and workshop materials.

Walsh, Ann

Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway, Courtenay

Photograph depicts Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway trackage in Courtenay. In another 200 yards, it was the northerly point the railway ever reached. Both lines were not in use north of the Courtenay station. The line on the left was the main one, while the one on the right was an industrial spur or siding.

Gordon Wyness by heritage artefacts and cairn in Quesnel

Photograph depicts Gordon Wyness sitting on a historic boat, which he described as built ca. 1860 and could carry "7 Indians" and 5000 lbs of freight up the river. Located nearby is a telegraph cairn erected to commemorate the Collins Overland Telegraph lines that began in Quesnel in 1865. Until 1907, Quesnel was the terminus for the telegraph line. Behind Wyness is a replica of a Cornish water wheel that was originally located at Williams Creek in Barkerville. This location is now called Ceal Tingley Memorial Park-Heritage Corner and is located along Front Street in Quesnel, near the Fraser River Bridge. The cairn and water wheel still stand in this location, however the boat was removed around 1941.

According to additional information from Quesnel & District Museum & Archives, Wyness may have been provided with inaccurate information about the canoe depicted. The canoe believed to have been located at that spot was actually created in 1905 to pack out the Grand Trunk Preliminary Survey Team, which was led by J.M. Rolston.

Resultados 1 a 50 de 20823