Photograph depicts a new CN overpass in Campbell Creek. Looking at new eastbound lane of the Trans Canada Highway. It was all paid for by the Provincial Department of Highways in order to convert the 2 lanes into 4 in order to improve visibility and stretch the highway.
Photograph depicts a grain elevator that had a 7 car spur to service it. Davies doubted if grain traffic ever moved by rail near Wynndel. Two flat cars appeared to have used the platform to overload machinery and vehicles.
Photograph taken looking north, with a spur in the foreground. It was used by ore mixed freight daily. It was believed that at the bottom of the grade was a junction with a GNR branch that ran from the US border south of Creston to Kootenay Lake (built in 1904, then was hardly used, finally ceased in 1910).
Photograph depicts a tool house in Wasa, at the CPR Windermere Subdivision. Before 1970, the station had siding for 37 cars. Now it had two sidings for a total of 150 cars. Note the old box car with old lettering that was presumably on non-reserve service.
Photograph depicts railway track previously owned by BCER. It led onto the east end of Lulu Island and then to Annacis Island. Looking from the Naew West River Walk to the Queensborough bridge that was protected by signals and had a high chain link fence to deter pedestrians. It was likely that the rail was only used at night. Originally built by Canadian Northern Railway to reach Steveston, circa 1917.
Photograph depicts the Pitt River swing bridge in an open position. Apparently, it opened up to half a dozen times a day to allow large pleasure crafts to go through. Photograph taken at high tide when little clearance occurred.