Print preview Close

Showing 321 results

Archival description
Kamloops, BC
Print preview Hierarchy View:

284 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

C.N. locomotive at Riverside Park in Kamloops

Photograph depicts a C.N. locomotive at Riverside Park in Kamloops. It is s 2-8-0 locomotive # 2141 and was built in 1912 by the Canadian Locomotive Co. It is 68' long and 10'1" wide, with a light weight of 169, 200 lbs. It was converted to oil in 1948 and last ran from Cowichan Bay to Victoria on July 4, 1958. It was installed in the park in 1961.

C.N.R. line across the Thompson River

Photograph depicts the Canadian National Railway (CN) line crossing the south Thompson River. Kamloops Junction and Kamloops city are joined by a 2 mile spur, which crosses the river as shown. The view in the photo is looking north from the site of the former fort.

Proposed Federal Electoral Districts for the Province of British Columbia

Map depicts the proposed electoral districts of British Columbia, including: Burnaby, Capilano, Cariboo-Chilcotin, Comox-Powell River, Cowichan-Malahat-The Islands, Esquimalt-Saanich, Fort Nelson-Peace River, Fraser Valley East, Fraser Valley West, Kamloops-Shuswap, Kootenay East, Kootenay West, Mission-Port Moody, Nanaimo-Alberni, New Westminster-Coquitlam, North Vancouver-Burnaby, Okanagan North, Okanagan-Similkameen, Prince George-Bulkley Valley, Richmond-South Delta, Skeena, Surrey-White Rock-North Delta, Vancouver Centre, Vancouver East, Vancouver Kingsway, Vancouver Quadra, Vancouver South, and Victoria.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph taken on the track connecting the CPR line with the CN Kamloops depot. Image captured looking towards the east, adjacent to Pioneer Park.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph depicts a self-propelled grinding train. It was owned and operated by "LORAM" Maintenance of Way Inc. and carried 21 grinding heads for each rail.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph taken at about one mile north of Heffley. Davies notes the new grade for double tracking that had been nearly completed.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph taken one mile north of Heffley. Davies notes new grade double tracking had been completed after starting in the spring of 1981.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph depicts the Kamloops Indian Reserve spur on the north side of the Thompson River. Looking south of the Red Bridge. Image displays part of the depot line built in 1915.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph depicts the spur at the end of the Kamloops Indian Reserve on the north side of the Thompson River, looking west. Image taken at the site of the original temporary terminus for downtown Kamloops built in 1915.

CNR Kamloops

Photograph taken at the spur on the south end of the Kamloops Indian Reserve and on the northern side of the South Thompson River. Image captured looking westward with the Red Bridge in the foreground.

CNR Kamloops

Photo captures the view adjacent to the Red Bridge and the north end of the downtown depot yard in Kamloops. Image displays the height of the loading gauge.

Results 1 to 50 of 321