Affichage de 369 résultats

Archival description
Clinton Creek, YT Anglais
Aperçu avant impression Hierarchy Affichage :

309 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Clinton Creek Operations

Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd opened a second mine in 1967 at what became the one-industry town of Clinton Creek, Y.T. File contains photographs depicting different areas of operations at Clinton Creek. Locations include the mine, plant, town, tailings pile, main office, the 40 Mile River, and surrounding area. Town photos depict the grocery store, cafeteria, medical clinic, school, auditorium residential area, Connell Street and power house. File also includes aerial photographs and images depicting forest fighting, photographers capturing the tailings pile, asbestos samples, mining machinery, staff offices, and operations in the mill, lab, and garage.

Additional photographs integrated into file depict Clinton Creek's surrounding area, and three slides of a tailing pile explosion believed to be Clinton Creek.

Clinton Creek Construction

Cassiar Asbestos Corporation Ltd opened a second mine in 1967 at what became the one-industry town of Clinton Creek, Y.T. File contains photographs depicting progressive construction of buildings at the Clinton Creek mine, plant, townsite and powerhouse. Mine photos depict the crusher site and tramline station. Plant photos depict the dryer, fibre storage, mill, service, vault, and office buildings, as well as the dry rock storage tunnel, reclaim tunnel, and loading dock. Construction living quarters are depicted as well as the construction of residences at the townsite. The power house was built south of the town and plant, on the shore of the 40 Mile River. Some annotations describe the type of material being used for construction.

The Cassiar "?" Mar. 1956

On March 7, 1956 the Cassiar Reporters Guild published one issue of an untitled newspaper simply titled "The Cassiar '?'" (vol.1, no.1) along with a "name that newspaper" contest call out to the local community. It is believed that no other issue of this first volume was published until December 7, 1957 when The Asbestos Sheet (vol.2, no.1) was published. The Asbestos Sheet, was generally published twice a month and ran from December 1957 to September 1976; after which time both its name and its format changed: the 8-1/2 x 10" news bulletin changing to an 11 x 17" newspaper; and The Asbestos Sheet becoming the Cassiar Courier. The Courier was published monthly from fall 1976 until February 1991 when it stopped circulation shortly before the closure of both the mine and the company town.

Résultats 1 à 50 sur 369