Previsualizar a impressão Fechar

Mostrar 975 resultados

Archival description
975 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais
Logging, Newport, BC
2020.08.21 · Item · [between 1911 and 1914]
Parte de Pacific Great Eastern Railway Region Photograph Collection

Photograph depicts the unloading of logs from rail cars into the Mamquam River Blind Channel in Squamish (then Newport). The valley bottom around Squamish was logged from Mamquam River north to across the Cheakamus River before the construction of the Pacific Great Eastern Railway.

Jackladder at Nash Sawmill
2014.2.1.12 · Item · [before 1941]
Parte de Cornel Neronovitch Logging and Sawmills Collection

Photograph depicts a log jack-ladder up to Nash Sawmill, co-owned by Cornel Neronovitch and Fred Tesluk. This sawmill was steam powered and burnt down in 1941. The sawmill was located on a back-channel of the Fraser River.

Logging truck on corduroy log road with passengers
2014.2.1.09 · Item · [between 1938 and 1945]
Parte de Cornel Neronovitch Logging and Sawmills Collection

Photograph depicts a loaded logging truck on corduroy log road near Peden Hill sawmill. The truck has three passengers--a man and two women--sitting on top of the loaded logs. The leftmost passenger is Mrs. Fred Tesluk; Fred Tesluk co-owned the Peden Hill mill with Cornel Neronovitch. Cornel Neronovitch stands at the right of the photograph, in front of the truck.

Cominco Ltd. In Kimberley, B.C.
2013.6.36.1.010.50 · Item · Oct. 1965
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts the Cominco Ltd. In Kimberley, near Cranbrook. There is a 3' gauge overhead electric railway serving the underground workings of Sullivan mine. The view shows the C.P.R. access in the valley and the old mine portal, still used for in-going materials and supplies, at the right center of the photo.

Mine buildings of mine at Coal Creek
2013.6.36.1.005.36 · Item · Oct. 1965
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts the mine buildings of the mine at Coal Creek that closed in 1959. The newer buildings date to circa 1930. Much of the standard gauge trackage of Morrissey, Fernie, and Michel railway (subsidiary of the Great Northern Railway) in mine area remains. The track between Coal Creek and Fernie has not been lifted.

Abandoned coal mine east of Fernie, BC
2013.6.36.1.005.33 · Item · Oct. 1965
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts an abandoned coal mine in Coal Creek, 5 miles east of Fernie, BCThe entrance to the mine is unusual and is 2/3rds up the mountainside. The mine was closed in 1959. Flat ground in foreground is littered with at least 100 mine tubs of approximately 3'0' gauge.

Steam crane at former quarry at Granite Falls
2013.6.36.1.005.25 · Item · [May 1965]
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts a recently used steam crane, but driven by compressed air, at a former quarry at Granite Falls on the northeast end of the Indian Arm. The timbers on of the cabin were thick to withstand the blasting rock falls.

Mine car at Moyie Mine
2013.6.36.1.005.12 · Item · Oct. 1965
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts a mine car at Moyie mine, at Moyie, 20 miles south of Cranbrook. The mine produced silver, zinc, and lead, and worked principally from 1900-1910. It is now disused.

Moyie Lake, BC
2013.6.36.1.005.11 · Item · Oct. 1965
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts Moyie Lake, 15 miles south of Cranbrook, and Moyie Station. The tailings are from a lead and zinc mine directly to the right of the photograph on the hillside. The view is looking north.

Mine near Moyie, BC
2013.6.36.1.005.10 · Item · Oct. 1965
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts a mine 200 yards south of Moyie village, which is 20 miles south of Cranbrook. It produced silver, zinc, and lead from 1900-1910 and had a smelter a quarter mile away. The shaft was 900 ft. deep, with levels going under Moyie Lake. The head gear dates from 1925-1935 and has electric winding.

Coaling wharf at Union Bay
2013.6.36.1.005.09 · Item · Aug. 1964
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts the coaling wharf at Union Bay on Vancouver Island. It is the property of the Canadian Colliery Resources Ltd. It was last used on August 15, 1960. Thereafter, all equipment and railways were dismantled but the water tank is still standing.

Coking ovens at Union Bay
2013.6.36.1.005.08 · Item · Aug. 1964
Parte de David Davies Railway Collection

Photograph depicts the coking ovens at Union Bay on Vancouver Island. They belong to the Canadian Collieries Ltd. and the date last used is unknown.