Victoria, BC

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Victoria, BC

Equivalent terms

Victoria, BC

Associated terms

Victoria, BC

204 Archival description results for Victoria, BC

204 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

"SS Sir James Douglas" and "Camsell"

Photograph depicts "SS Sir James Douglas," a Coastguard supply vessel, built in 1956. Astem from her is "Camsell," a full ice breaker, built in 1959. Out-of-service is CNR "SS Canora" is found in the background.

"WJ Stewart" and "Vector" hydrographic vessels

Photograph depicts "W.J Stewart," of Ottawa, that is located on the mid-left with two masts, and "Vector," found on the mid-right with one mast. Both were believed to be hydrographic vessels, painted in white and cream which were not Coastguard colours. Taken on the Upper Harbour of Victoria, at the Coastguard wharf.

Album No. 1

Images within this album consist primarily of the fishing industry, river & landscapes, salmon cannery images (housing, people, workers, boats) on the Nass River and North Pacific Coast, ca.1926-1933. Images also feature indigenous First Nations peoples, totem poles, the parliament buildings in Victoria, B.C., and the C.P.R. Pier in Vancouver, B.C. Each photograph is accompanied by a handwritten description glued below or beside the image.

Birthday card featuring four photographs of Terrace Gardens, Government House, two of which feature a cougar, Victoria, BC

Typed message on front reads: “Happy Birthday Your Honour, You have a way of making each person you come in contact with feel so special, so we all want to wish you the happiest birthday year ever. Staff of Government House, October 18, 2002.” Signed by the staff of Government House.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: “The Rock - I spent 6 years creating 6 gardens surrounding”.

Boy’s Parliament

Item is a photograph of the Boy’s Parliament taken on the steps of the Legislature in Victoria. Mr. Williston is on the left in the second row from the front.

Bridget Moran & David Strong

Photograph depicts Moran and Strong wearing full regalia, and shaking hands while holding unidentified item. Curtain hangs in background.

CNR Point Ellice yards, Victoria

Photograph depicts a car that used to be on the "Victoria-Pacific Railway" tourist steam train, owned by Terry Ferguson. It was built in 1890 as a sleeping car by Barry and Smythe (USA). Originally named "Sherbrooke," it worked on the Montreal-Halifax run. It was rebuilt in 1910 as a private car and then became superintendent's car #16 in Lethbridge and was sold by the CPR to WCRA in 1963.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the former line from the CNR yards in downtown Victoria. Taken from Boleskine Road overbridge, looking north.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts a track located beyond a road covered in dense bushes. The rail in the foreground is dated 1918 and 1912. Image captured on Jacklin road, estimated to be on mile 9.2 in the former Cowichan Subdivision.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the CNR main line from Victoria to Duncan. Image captured looking south from Gorge Road towards a Selkirk water trestle. The line behind the camera was in regular use to the Cedar Hill Grass Roads spur. The main line beside the Island highway ran west out of Victoria.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the entrance to the CNR yards on the west side of the Selkirk waterfront in Victoria. A trestle bridge is immediately behind the camera.

CNR Victoria

Photograph taken on Jacklin Road in the former Cowichan Subdivision. With a few exceptions of short length removals, trackage of the Subdivision remained intact in metro Victoria. It was last used in regular service in September 1965.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the end of the trackage near Cedar Hill Cross Road and Borden Road in Saanich. This line was formerly part of the Victoria to Sidney line built by the Canadian Northern Pacific in 1913-1914.

CNR bascule bridge

Photograph depicts a CNR bascule bridge across the upper waters of Victoria Harbour. The rest of the trackage had been removed, except for the bridge itself.

CNR rail barge, Victoria

Photograph depicts a laid up CNR raikl car ferry called the "Canora." It had been tied to the CN pier in Vancouver for the winter of 1967/68, but its berth was needed for cruise steamers.

CNR terminal yard, Victoria

Photograph depicts a Hillcrest Lumber Co. steam crane that was acquired by Terry Fergusan and was moved from Mesachie Lake, Cowichan. It was put to use on the tourist attraction railway, the "Victoria-Pacific," that was created in 1971.

Results 1 to 50 of 204