Photograph depicts a train commencing its trip in its yard, not at the station, in Port Alberni. Locomotive at the lower/city end (ie formation at the end of the last trip). It, at the time, needed to get to the head-end, so it took the siding.
Photograph taken on the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway main line out of Port Alberni with run-around siding over the right out of sight. Yard is found towards the rear. On the left, there was private trackage of the Nordeske paper mill that was in daily use until December 31, 2001 when Rail America stopped runnning freights because the mill went to road transport.
Photograph depicts a tiny switcher that belonged to the McLean sawmill and was buily by Buda of New Westminster, circa 1927. Sat on unconnected trackage adjacent to the Alberni Pacific Railway and was part of a sawmill exhibit.
Photograph depicts an Alberni Pacific Railway locomotive built in 1929 by Baldwin. After at least four years of restoration, it commenced running in 2001. It was spotted outside of a locomotive shed in Port Alberni.
Photograph depicts the Pacific Rails Convention of Victoria on a field trip to Port Alberni. Travelling on the Alberni Pacific Railway to visit a steam-driven sawmill at its outer terminal. Chartered trip for convention members (one coach/bus load) as the line was not yet open for the tourist season.
Photograph depicts an Alberni Pacific Railway train travelling on Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway track, not used since 2002 and was now at the beginning of a connecting spur to a steam sawmill museum. It was built in 2000, but commenced in the 2001 summer season.
Photograph taken during the Inaugural Dedication of Heritage Stones. Canadian flags hang behind podium. Crowd sits under tent in grassy area, planes visible in background.
Item is one of three photographs accompanying a paper reading: “Comox Valley Air Force Museum Association, Inaugural Dedication of Heritage Stones, Sunday 04 June 2006”; see also items 2009.6.1.627 and 2009.6.1.628.
Item is one of three photographs accompanying a paper reading: “Comox Valley Air Force Museum Association, Inaugural Dedication of Heritage Stones, Sunday 04 June 2006”; see also items 2009.6.1.626 and 2009.6.1.628.
Front of engine reads "BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA", "2860". Decorated building stands in left background. A man with large video camera and an RCMP officer in a red serge can be seen standing in crowd. Mountain peak visible in distance.
Photograph depicts Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway trackage in Parksville. Looking north beyond the junction with the Alberni branch line. The spur on the left seemed to be used, but the siding on the right did not.
Photograph depicts the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway Alberni branch line, one mile east of the former Cameron Lake station. At this point, Highway 4 and rails "touch" each other for about 100 yards, but it was hardly noticable in those days because of bush growth.