Mostrar 3540 resultados

Archival description
Buildings and Structures Inglês
Previsualizar a impressão Hierarchy Ver:

3153 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

CPR Pitt River swing bridge

Photograph depicts the Pitt River swing bridge in an open position. Apparently, it opened up to half a dozen times a day to allow large pleasure crafts to go through. Photograph taken at high tide when little clearance occurred.

Queensborough bridge

Photograph depicts railway track previously owned by BCER. It led onto the east end of Lulu Island and then to Annacis Island. Looking from the Naew West River Walk to the Queensborough bridge that was protected by signals and had a high chain link fence to deter pedestrians. It was likely that the rail was only used at night. Originally built by Canadian Northern Railway to reach Steveston, circa 1917.

CNR bascule bridge

Photograph depicts a CNR bascule bridge across the upper waters of Victoria Harbour. The rest of the trackage had been removed, except for the bridge itself.

Tool house on Windermere Subdivision

Photograph depicts a tool house in Wasa, at the CPR Windermere Subdivision. Before 1970, the station had siding for 37 cars. Now it had two sidings for a total of 150 cars. Note the old box car with old lettering that was presumably on non-reserve service.

Section bunk house

Photograph depicts a CPR section bunk house in Midway. On the left was a living room with two windows, stove, and sink. Bedroom with one window and two beds located on the right.

CPR Wynndel

Photograph taken looking north, with a spur in the foreground. It was used by ore mixed freight daily. It was believed that at the bottom of the grade was a junction with a GNR branch that ran from the US border south of Creston to Kootenay Lake (built in 1904, then was hardly used, finally ceased in 1910).

CPR Wynndel

Photograph depicts the rear view of an elevator showing its name. Track was on the far side.

CPR Wynndel

Photograph depicts a grain elevator that had a 7 car spur to service it. Davies doubted if grain traffic ever moved by rail near Wynndel. Two flat cars appeared to have used the platform to overload machinery and vehicles.

New CN overpass

Photograph depicts a new CN overpass in Campbell Creek. The grade crossing at the newly created service/business road was built on the south side of a road/rail complex.

New CN overpass

Photograph depicts a new CN overpass in Campbell Creek. The new part of the Trans-Canada Highway beneath it had yet to be paved.

New CN overpass

Photograph depicts a new CN overpass in Campbell Creek. Looking at new eastbound lane of the Trans Canada Highway. It was all paid for by the Provincial Department of Highways in order to convert the 2 lanes into 4 in order to improve visibility and stretch the highway.

Replacement rail bridge

Photograph depicts a replacement rail bridge. Forms sat on a temporary pile of dirt, which in turns sat on a road bed of a new highway that had just been cut.

Login cabin of Dot Ranch

Photograph depicts a log cabin with a sod roof that was used as a cow shelter on Dot Ranch. The ranch was probably built by pioneers pior to 1900.

Pump house

Photograph depicts a pump house on the Island Highway, north of Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island.

Hat Creek Ranch

Photograph depicts the yard at the Hat Creek Ranch. Hat Creek used to be a staging post on the Cariboo Road.

Undershot water wheel

Photograph depicts the same person who owned the service station building electric generator house in Trout Lake. He also built an undershot water wheel that was driven by Lardeau Creek.

Resultados 1 a 50 de 3540