This short colour film depicts logging and sawmill operations at Ferguson Lake in March 1959. Scenes include tree felling, log hauling equipment, the Ferguson Lake lumber yard, use of Ferguson Lake to float logs, and the inside operations of the Ferguson Lake sawmill. Film also includes a brief clip of family film footage of the McKay family home and garden on Melville Street in Prince George with scenes showing a Newfoundland dog named Barney with Donald McKay and Joan McKay.
Item is a map compiled and produced by Geographic Division, Surveys and Mapping Branch, Department of Lands, Forests, and Water Resources ; geological and physiographical data supplied by Dept. of Mines and Petroleum Resources, Victoria, B.C. (1964).
Item is McBride, B.C. Sheet 93H and Part of 83E Second Status Edition (1971) from "Classification and Interpretation of some Ecosystems of the Rocky Mountain Trench, Prince George Forest Region, British Columbia: First Approximation" (1984).
Item is McNaughton Lake, B.C. Map 83D and Part of 83C Second Status Edition (1975) from "Classification and Interpretation of some Ecosystems of the Rocky Mountain Trench, Prince George Forest Region, British Columbia: First Approximation" (1984).
Item is a map of Prince George Wood Preserving Ltd. Development Plan Forest Licence A27771 for the period of January 1, 1986 to January 1, 1991: Fraser Operating Area. Geographic features include the Fraser River.
Photograph depicts a log jack-ladder up to Nash Sawmill, co-owned by Cornel Neronovitch and Fred Tesluk. This sawmill was steam powered and burnt down in 1941. The sawmill was located on a back-channel of the Fraser River.
Photograph depicts the Peden Hill sawmill, after the mill was rebuilt after the first mill burnt down in 1941. The first mill was operated by steam; the second mill was powered by a diesel-powered motor.
Photograph depicts a loaded logging truck on corduroy log road near Peden Hill sawmill. The truck has three passengers--a man and two women--sitting on top of the loaded logs. The leftmost passenger is Mrs. Fred Tesluk; Fred Tesluk co-owned the Peden Hill mill with Cornel Neronovitch. Cornel Neronovitch stands at the right of the photograph, in front of the truck.
Photograph depicts two men on a 'Maple Leaf' Chevrolet truck's running board in an active logging area near Peden Hill sawmill. The truck is hauling raw logs. The man at the right of photograph is Cornel Neronovitch.
Photograph depicts a man standing on a pile of logs in the Peden Hill sawmill yard, after the mill was rebuilt after the first mill burnt down in 1941. The first mill was operated by steam; the second mill was powered by a diesel-powered motor.