Mostrar 28 resultados

Archival description
Metlakatla, BC Com objeto digital
Opções de pesquisa avançada
Previsualizar a impressão Hierarchy Ver:

Community gathering at Metlakatla Church during Synod

Large group of women, men, and children pose on front steps of church. Some men standing in back hold brass instruments. Bishop Ridley (with long beard) sits in front centre between W.H. Collison (on right) and his son W.E. Collison. Photograph depicts the first church built in Metlakatla, which was burned in a fire in 1901, and replaced in 1903.

Handwritten annotation below image reads: "A gathering of Missionaries and Indians in front of Metlakahtla Church During Synod"; on verso: "[Ven?] Arch Collison & Mrs Collison".

Bridget Moran at Metlakatla Lake, BC

Bridget Moran stands on road, unidentified buildings behind on either side. Lake and hills on opposite shore in background. Photo believed to be taken at Metlakatla Lake, B.C. Building on left speculated to be the St. Paul's Anglican Church Learning Centre.

[Boathouse?]

Image depicts a boat docked inside what appears to be a type of boathouse, possibly located in Metlakatla near Prince Rupert, B.C.

Archdeacon W. H. Collison fonds

  • 2009.7
  • Fundo
  • ca.1870 - ca.1986

The Archdeacon W.H. Collison fonds consists of textual materials, maps, published materials and photographs all documenting Collison’s life and work with North Coastal First Nations communities in British Columbia. Types of records found within this fonds include manuscripts, sermon notes, correspondence, oral history summaries, monographs, cartographic items, photographs and postcards. The Collison fonds also includes some records created by his children and grandchildren as well as a family tree created in 1986. The Collison fonds has been divided into four series.

Collison, W.H. (Archdeacon)

Bertha and W.E. Collison in boat with young daughters, leaving Metlakatla, BC for England

Rev. William Edwin Collison stands in centre of boat, with wife Bertha and daughters Muriel and Katherine seated behind. Unknown man and woman are also seated in boat, and an unknown man stands on shore holding rope.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Will Collison with wife & children leaving Metlakatla to catch steamship en route to England (1910)".

W.E. Collison posing with other clergy at Metlakatla, BC

Group poses between two buildings, small dog visible behind. Wood piles and tree stumps can be seen on hill in background.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Metlakatla BC / Back row - W.E. Collison, Fr. Hogan, ?, ? Canon Keen / Front row - ?, ?, Bishop Du Vernet, Archdeacon Laycock". See also item 2009.7.1.32 for image featuring Father Hogan, and 2009.7.1.29 for image featuring Bishop Du Vernet.

View of street in Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts a row of houses and fenced yards on right, separated from more buildings on left by grassy area.

Printed on image: "Metlakahtla Nr. Prince Rupert. Allen Photo June '11"; handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Metlakatla B.C. North West Coast of America / Collison".

Children gathered at Metlakatla Church

Several unidentified individuals can be seen on front steps of church and a group of small children in white stand in line below steps. Other community buildings are visible in background, white fence crosses foreground. Photograph depicts the first church built in Metlakatla, which was burned in a fire in 1901, and replaced in 1903.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Church (of England) at Metlakahtla - British Columbia. Built by the people of the village - largest church then on the pacific coast."

Mission hospital in Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts a large two-storey building with the sign: "CALEDONIA HOSPITAL". Fence crosses foreground, hills visible in background.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Mission Hosp at Metlakatla B.C."

Community event at mission house and jail, Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts a group of children dressed in white walking in a line, and adults and other children watching from behind. Group of six man stand in line on left, one holding a flag, another a drum. Jail tower and large building stand behind fence in background.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Old Mission House & jail at Metlakatla Before the fire."

Funeral party on beach at Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts a group of men, women, and children walking across beach towards water. Buildings visible on shore in left background.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Funeral party - en route to boat Metlakatla BC (Taking body over to Grave Island".

Sternwheeler passing shore of Metlakatla, BC

Unidentified man can be seen standing by small boat on shore in foreground, a second boat visible in water behind. Hills on opposite shore can be seen in background.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Metlakathla B.C. 'Stern-wheeler' passing village."

Metlakatla

Image depicts buildings in the village community of Metlakatla, B.C.

Children gathered at Metlakatla Church

Several unidentified individuals can be seen on front steps of church and a group of small children in white stand in line below steps. Other community buildings are visible in background, white fence crosses foreground. Photograph depicts the first church built in Metlakatla, which was burned in a fire in 1901, and replaced in 1903.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Old church at Metlakatla Before fire. Built by Fr. Duncan & the village people".

Publications Series

Series contains publications on the following subjects: linguistics, First Nations studies, anthropology, museum studies, the Missionary Society of the Church of England, the Metlakatla Inquiry, material culture and Canadian geography. It is believed that items published prior to 1922 had been collected by the Archdeacon W.H. Collison, while those published post 1922 (the year W.H. Collison passed away) were collected by both his son W.E. Collison and then his grandaughter Joyce Collison.

Metlakatla

Image depicts Metlakatla, located near Prince Rupert, B.C.

Metlakatla

Image depicts buildings in the village community of Metlakatla, B.C.

Close view of Metlakatla Church

Large church stands behind white fence, unidentified man visible on front steps. Photograph depicts the first church built in Metlakatla, which was burned in a fire in 1901, and replaced in 1903.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "With love, from your two old friends JH [& AM Keen?]".

Metlakatla, BC - view from water, featuring church and schoolhouse

Photograph depicts large buildings on shore. Three unidentified individuals can be seen walking on dock in foreground.

Printed on image: "METLAKATLA B.C. / McRAE BROS"; handwritten annotation on verso reads: "A section of Metlakahtla, showing Church & Schoolhouse." See also item 2009.7.1.58 for similar image also featuring the new church building at Metlakatla, B.C.

New church building at Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts fenced area in front of church building with turret. Other community buildings can be seen in background.

Handwritten annotation on verso reads: "Metlakatla Church. Replacement for larger church lost in village fire 1903?" See also item 2009.7.1.55 for similar image depicting new church building at Metlakatla, B.C.

Ridley residence and mission house in Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts an unidentified man walking on path in front of Bishop Ridley's home. Several children can be seen in fenced yard in midground.

Handwritten annotation below image reads: "Ridley Home and Mission house Metlakahtla."; on verso: "Chapter XXVII / Heading for Chapter / Ridley Home Metlakahtla".

First Nations jail at Metlakatla, BC

Photograph depicts a man and woman standing on steps to a round tower in fenced area. Roofs of other buildings can be seen below on right; water and shore visible in background.

Printed on image: "Indian Jail, Metlatkla".