Previsualizar a impressão Fechar

Mostrar 67 resultados

Archival description
David Davies Railway Collection Victoria, BC Item
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

67 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

Ohio Central Railway coach

Photograph depicts an Ohio Central Railway coach that was brought to Victoria in 2000 for use in the tourist Pacific Wilderness Railway that commenced business in June 2000. This particular car had never been refurbished, suggesting it had a probl...

Pacific Wilderness Railway coach

Photograph depicts a Pacific Wilderness Railway caboose after its first season's work that went from June to September. Davies noted the "reproting abbreviation" had been changed from OHCR to PAW. A company decal was also applied.

Pacific Wilderness Railway caboose

Photograph depicts the newly created heritage railway, the Pacific Wilderness Railway, at the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway yard in Victoria. Visible is a newly painted locomotive that had recently started service in late June of the year the ph...

Pacific Wilderness Railway coach

Photograph taken at the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway yard in Victoria. Visible is a Pacific Wilderness Railway coach and a Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway Heritage Society caboose.

CNR bascule bridge

Photograph depicts a CNR bascule bridge across the upper waters of Victoria Harbour. The rest of the trackage had been removed, except for the bridge itself.

CPR Downtown Victoria

Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. Locomotive #6702 on Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway street trackage crossing Chatham Street in south direction and entering premises of B. Wilson Co. Ltd Cold and Frozen Storage which has a sp...

CPR Downtown Victoria

Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. The Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway has street railway trackage from the east end of Esquimalt bridge along State street with spurs leaving off, plus a freight terminal between Chatham and Dis...

CPR Downtown Victoria

Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway locomotive #6702 that is returning with an empty box car #18705 at th point where Chatham Street meets State Street (located north of where the photograph was t...

CPR Downtown Victoria

Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. Locomotive #6702 coupling up to empty box cars located on premises of B. Wilson Co. Ltd. Cold and Frozen Storage. Looking south in the photograph with Chatham Street in the foreground.

CPR Downtown Victoria

Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. The Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway switches the #6702 pullling box car. The CPR 18705 is running south. Taking empty car from B. Wilson Co. Ltd. Cold and Frozen Storage back to the Esquimalt ...

CNR Victoria

Photograph taken on Jacklin Road in the former Cowichan Subdivision. With a few exceptions of short length removals, trackage of the Subdivision remained intact in metro Victoria. It was last used in regular service in September 1965.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts a track located beyond a road covered in dense bushes. The rail in the foreground is dated 1918 and 1912. Image captured on Jacklin road, estimated to be on mile 9.2 in the former Cowichan Subdivision.

Victoria Pacific Railway temporary yards

Photograph depicts temporary yards that were sited at View Royal, northwest of downtown Victoria. They use two and a half miles of the CNR's Victoria-Sooke-Duncan line. Visible is a Baldwin that was built in 1929. Its last revenue owner was C...

Victoria Pacific Railway temporary yards

Photograph depicts temporary yards, on the western outskirts of Victoria, being part of the leased CNR's Victoria- Duncan line. On the left is Hillcrest Lumber #10, Climax, that was built in 1928. It was sold to Terry Ferguson in April, 1969 ...

CNR terminal yard, Victoria

Photograph depicts a Hillcrest Lumber Co. steam crane that was acquired by Terry Fergusan and was moved from Mesachie Lake, Cowichan. It was put to use on the tourist attraction railway, the "Victoria-Pacific," that was created in 1971.

HMCS St. Croix

Photograph depicts the HMCS St. Croix that was built by Marine Industries Ltd. Of the Restigouche class and was one of the 22 Canadian destroyer escorts.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the former line from the CNR yards in downtown Victoria. Taken from Boleskine Road overbridge, looking north.

Replica of "SS Beaver"

Photograph depicts a replica of the "SS Beaver" entering the Inner Harbour of Victoria. Firing gun salute are forward on the paddle wheels and are making artificial smoke. Bow of the HMCS St. Croix is found in the foreground.

Steam crane, Victoria

Photograph depicts a steam crane, lettered "Osborn Bay Wharf Ltd." Davies suggests that it may have been on the Victoria-Pacific tourist line on the outskirts of Victoria.

CNR Point Ellice yards, Victoria

Photograph depicts a car that used to be on the "Victoria-Pacific Railway" tourist steam train, owned by Terry Ferguson. It was built in 1890 as a sleeping car by Barry and Smythe (USA). Originally named "Sherbrooke," it worked...

Replica of "SS Beaver"

Photograph depicts a replica of the "SS Beaver" entering the Inner Harbour of Victoria. It was open to the pubic over the May Long weekend of 1971.

"SS Sir James Douglas" and "Camsell"

Photograph depicts "SS Sir James Douglas," a Coastguard supply vessel, built in 1956. Astem from her is "Camsell," a full ice breaker, built in 1959. Out-of-service is CNR "SS Canora" is found in the background.

"WJ Stewart" and "Vector" hydrographic vessels

Photograph depicts "W.J Stewart," of Ottawa, that is located on the mid-left with two masts, and "Vector," found on the mid-right with one mast. Both were believed to be hydrographic vessels, painted in white and cream which we...

Sunken whaler, Victoria

Photograph depicts a sunken whaler with a harpoon gun. A destroyer or, possibly, a corvette was being broken up in the middle background.

St. Ann's Academy, Victoria

Photograph depicts St. Ann's Academy, a girls boarding school that was close to the centre of Victoria. In the corner of the property, nuns had established the first school in B.C. in 1853.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the end of the trackage near Cedar Hill Cross Road and Borden Road in Saanich. This line was formerly part of the Victoria to Sidney line built by the Canadian Northern Pacific in 1913-1914.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the entrance to the CNR yards on the west side of the Selkirk waterfront in Victoria. A trestle bridge is immediately behind the camera.

CNR Victoria

Photograph depicts the CNR main line from Victoria to Duncan. Image captured looking south from Gorge Road towards a Selkirk water trestle. The line behind the camera was in regular use to the Cedar Hill Grass Roads spur. The main line beside the ...

CNR rail barge, Victoria

Photograph depicts a laid up CNR raikl car ferry called the "Canora." It had been tied to the CN pier in Vancouver for the winter of 1967/68, but its berth was needed for cruise steamers.

Resultados 1 a 50 de 67