Woman stands in walkway cleared of snow in front of tall brick home with a detailed porch, believed to be in Victoria, B.C. Woman wears long winter coat, fur hand-warmer, and large hat. It is believed this woman may be a cousin to Sarah Glassey's family, possibly through the Taylor line.
Item is a photograph of Mr. Williston receiving five silver teaspoons with the centennial crest, one for each 100 hundred miles of a personal centennial project which was to run 500 miles, the equivalent of the distance to Prince George. The spoons were presented by YMCA Physical Education Director Art Burgess (left) and YMCA Secretary James A. McConnell. The run took place on the YMCA track in Victoria.
Item is a photograph of Mr. Williston completing 500 miles in his personal centennial project of running the equivalent of the distance to Prince George. The run took place on the YMCA track in Victoria.
Photograph of the SS "Princess Charlotte" on the open ocean. Metallic annotation on recto reads: "C.P.R.SS Princess Charlotte entered according to act of the parliament of Canada, in the year 1908[?]. by A. Shaw, at the Department of Agriculture." Printed annotation on verso reads "Shaw & Co., Photo. Victoria. B.C. (Empire Series)"
Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. The Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway switches the #6702 pullling box car. The CPR 18705 is running south. Taking empty car from B. Wilson Co. Ltd. Cold and Frozen Storage back to the Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway yards on far side of the harbour.
Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway locomotive #6702 that is returning with an empty box car #18705 at th point where Chatham Street meets State Street (located north of where the photograph was taken). Looking north at the train moving south. Currently 4 spurs on State st. There is a cement plant. The "m/c" works with two others. Except for the cement plant, little or not much is used.
Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. Locomotive #6702 coupling up to empty box cars located on premises of B. Wilson Co. Ltd. Cold and Frozen Storage. Looking south in the photograph with Chatham Street in the foreground.
Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. Locomotive #6702 on Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway street trackage crossing Chatham Street in south direction and entering premises of B. Wilson Co. Ltd Cold and Frozen Storage which has a spur that will take 2 (maybe 3) box cars. The empty box car (# 18705) is about to be removed.
Photograph depicts the east side of the upper harbour. The Esquimalt & Nanaimo Railway has street railway trackage from the east end of Esquimalt bridge along State street with spurs leaving off, plus a freight terminal between Chatham and Discovery Streets. Locomotive #6702 travelling north at State Street and is about to turn east to freight terminal.
Photograph depicts the CNR main line from Victoria to Duncan. Image captured looking south from Gorge Road towards a Selkirk water trestle. The line behind the camera was in regular use to the Cedar Hill Grass Roads spur. The main line beside the Island highway ran west out of Victoria.
Photograph depicts the end of the trackage near Cedar Hill Cross Road and Borden Road in Saanich. This line was formerly part of the Victoria to Sidney line built by the Canadian Northern Pacific in 1913-1914.
Photograph taken on Jacklin Road in the former Cowichan Subdivision. With a few exceptions of short length removals, trackage of the Subdivision remained intact in metro Victoria. It was last used in regular service in September 1965.
Photograph depicts a track located beyond a road covered in dense bushes. The rail in the foreground is dated 1918 and 1912. Image captured on Jacklin road, estimated to be on mile 9.2 in the former Cowichan Subdivision.
Photograph depicts a Hillcrest Lumber Co. steam crane that was acquired by Terry Fergusan and was moved from Mesachie Lake, Cowichan. It was put to use on the tourist attraction railway, the "Victoria-Pacific," that was created in 1971.
Photograph depicts a car that used to be on the "Victoria-Pacific Railway" tourist steam train, owned by Terry Ferguson. It was built in 1890 as a sleeping car by Barry and Smythe (USA). Originally named "Sherbrooke," it worked on the Montreal-Halifax run. It was rebuilt in 1910 as a private car and then became superintendent's car #16 in Lethbridge and was sold by the CPR to WCRA in 1963.
Photograph depicts temporary yards that were sited at View Royal, northwest of downtown Victoria. They use two and a half miles of the CNR's Victoria-Sooke-Duncan line. Visible is a Baldwin that was built in 1929. Its last revenue owner was Comox Logging and Railway Co. It was then purchased by the West Coast Railway Association from Crown Zellebach in 1964. At the time the picture was taken, it had been purchased by the Victoria Pacific Railway that commenced work on this line on June 24, 1972.