Showing 512 results

Archival description
David Davies Railway Collection Buildings and Structures
Print preview View:

498 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

"Butterchurch" on Comiaken Hill

Photograph depicts "Butterchurch" that was built in 1870 under the direction of Father Rondeault of the Oblate Order for missionary work among the Comiakan Natives, a tribe of about 100. It was abandoned by about 1880 because of its loca...

Abandoned house, Trout Lake

Photograph depicts an abandoned house in a semi-host town viallage that dated back to 1895-1900. It was coverd with hop flowers which was typical for most of the deserted homes in the area. Village had 20 buildings standings of which 12 were occup...

Barn at Darfield, B.C.

Photograph depicts a barn at Darfield, near Barriere, about 35 miles north of Kamloops. The English timbered cottage developed from this architectural form.

Booster telegraph relay station at Carmi

Photograph depicts a booster telegraph relay station at Carmi. Carmi is located at mile 46.6 on the CPR line on the Carmi Subdivision. This is the only surviving telegraph pole between Penticton and Beaverdell. The view is looking east.

Brick works at Haney, B.C.

Photograph depicts the brick works at Haney, B.C., within 100 yards of the Fraser River. Current production appeared to be bricks, tiles, and flowerpots. There is a disused railway spur in the works

Results 1 to 50 of 512