Fyfe Lake Sawmill

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Fyfe Lake Sawmill

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Fyfe Lake Fir

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

[between 1950 and 1965]

History

Fyfe Lake Sawmill, also referred to as Fyfe Lake Fir, operated at Fyfe Lake, 32 km Southwest of Prince George near West Lake Provincial Park, during the 1950s. The lumber company was owned and operated by the Bachand Family, primarily Henri Bachand, and produced lumber for domestic sale. The sawmill closed sometime in the early 1960s and many families, who had developed a small community at Fyfe Lake, moved into Prince George and the surrounding area.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

NBCA

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created in 2016 by KL.
Revised on February 8, 2017 by KS.

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC