Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans (1979-2008)
- Department of Fisheries and the Environment (1976-1979)
- Department of the Environment (1971-1976)
- Department of Fisheries and Forestry (1969-1971)
- Department of Fisheries (1930-1969)
- Department of Marine and Fisheries (1920-1930)
- Department of Naval Services (1914-1920)
- Department of Marine and Fisheries (1892-1914)
- Department of Fisheries (1884-1892)
- Department of Marine and Fisheries (1867-1884)
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
The Department of Marine and Fisheries was created on July 1, 1867, although it did not receive legislative authority until May 22, 1868.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, frequently referred to as DFO (Department of Fisheries and Oceans), is responsible for developing and implementing policies and programs in support of Canada’s scientific, ecological, social and economic interests in oceans and fresh waters. The Department’s guiding legislation includes the Oceans Act, which charges the Minister with leading oceans management and providing coast guard and hydrographic services on behalf of the Government of Canada, and the Fisheries Act, which confers responsibility to the Minister for the management of fisheries, habitat and aquaculture. The Department is also one of the three responsible authorities under the Species at Risk Act.Its mandate includes responsibility for the conservation and sustainable use of Canada's fisheries resources while continuing to provide safe, effective and environmentally sound marine services that are responsive to the needs of Canadians in a global economy.
DFO is responsible for several organizations, including the Canadian Coast Guard and the Canadian Hydrographic Service.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering